May 21, 2009

Turning 22

Its a day I eagerly wait for every year. A day, I wish was 48-hour long; or repeated every 6 months. A day, when I enjoy being the center of attention. A day, when I wake up at 7 AM, take an early morning bath and pray to God. A day, when no bad news can ever upset me. A day, which I like so much, that I am blogging about it 4 days in advance :). This time, its not going to be any different.

Every year, when I pray to God, I wish good luck, blessings for all my loved ones. For myself, I wish for a just reward in return of my efforts. Its probably one of the few times, when I sincerely pray to God, and honestly seek His blessings.

However this year, when I go to the temple, I am going to ask for directions. Directions in life. Directions of where to go, and what to do ! !

Over the last few months, a large number of people have asked me, "So Sumedh, what would you do after IIT?" or variations of the same question. And every time, I have come up with "I hope to figure it out soon" or variations of the same answer. The more I think about this, the more clueless I become. Countless times, I have tried to think of possible alternatives, but nothing seems to be 'THE' thing. May be, I haven't searched whole-heartedly. Or its just a pro-longer period of bad luck. But, its getting to a point where I MUST be worried about it. So much, that I positively dread what am I going to be doing when I turn 23.

So, my sincere prayers this time are going to be for myself, just some hint, some indication as to what I should do after graduation. Some obvious clue, some discernable leads, some semblance of an answer to the dreaded question.

2 comments:

Aviral said...

So were your prayers answered??!!

Sumedh V. Vidwans said...

@Aviral

Not just yet. But the signs are good. Inshallah, they will be answered soon enough.